April 1, 2010

So Much Fun, So Little Time

In the past 24 hours, Emma has had a blast! She is more excited than anybody that I am feeling better because it means she can get out in the world again.

Last night after Josh got home, we decided to go to the park for a little bit before dinner.

She of course loved the swings. It's always her favorite thing to do at a park. She gets so sad when we finally have to take her out. Here she is swinging with daddy:


She likes it more when Josh pushes versus when I do because I don't push her as high. She's the safest dare devil I've ever come across!


There weren't that many kids there so she had the small playground all to herself.





We must have really worn her out because she slept fantastic last night...she even slept until 9:15 this morning! Once she got up, we headed to another park with our playgroup for an Easter egg hunt and some lunch. She was too young last year for egg hunting, so this was her first time.

She spotted an egg:


Went for it:


Then dropped it in her basket:


I'd say she got the hang of it pretty quickly. Here is a picture of her and Colton after he has just finished emptying his basket onto the bench for Emma. He proceeded to pick each one up afterward and put them into Emma's basket...and then he walked off with both baskets. It was hysterical. Neither of them cared too much for holding on to the eggs after they found them so they just passed them back and forth between their baskets. It was cute how well they shared with each other.


Here he is with both baskets. He even put his cup in Emma's basket:


Here is Emma taking a breather before lunch:


And here is a picture of Martina, Colton & Emma eating:


Me and my girl:


Here is her real Easter basket. I took another one we had because I didn't want to risk losing her real one or spilling juice on it (these are the kinds of things that actually would happen to us). These are the eggs that made it home with us and two art projects she made at Mother's Day Out this week:


Once we got home, Emma had a snack because she didn't eat that much at the park. She didn't let go of that egg the entire time:


Quite a fun day! How will I top this tomorrow?

2 comments:

  1. It was fun... I like how you got at picture of me sucking down that Capri Sun... I was pretty much dying of thirst that entire time. I drank two more glasses of water as soon as I got home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so CUTE!!! Jay misses her so much! I hope we get to see each other again soon. We are soooooooooo glad you are feeling better. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters