April 22, 2010

For Her Next Birthday...

We went to the zoo yesterday with our friend Rachel. We had such a great time although there were a zillion people that had the same idea of going to the zoo that day too. We went to the petting zoo and saw all kinds of animals. Her favorite animals were the ponies! She just kept pointing at each pony and smiling. We talked about it and she decided she would really like a pony for her next birthday. I told Josh this news when we left and he just laughed...ummm but Emma was totally serious!

Here are a few photos of Emma and Rachel looking at the pony:




Then we went to pet some animals. Emma wasn't too sure about this.


She was very skeptical and wouldn't let me put her down:


She did finally let me set her down on a rock so she could see them:


But soon thereafter, she just wanted to get down and walk around:


She did love washing her hands afterward though (definitely my baby):



Then off to see the giraffes:


It was feeding time for them:


This picture was in front of lions. The male lion was walking down right in front of us and putting on a show for everybody. Then he started roaring and it was so loud that we actually thought it was coming from another exhibit. Rach and I had never heard a lion roar in person (for good reason I suppose) so it was pretty cool. Emma just kept looking around wondering what that new noise was.


Thanks for going with us, Rachel!

2 comments:

  1. Awe so cute! One year I asked for a pony for Christmas and I got it (granted we did live in the country though)! Her name was Ginger. Emma can come play with/ride Cody's horses anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all over it! Next birthday = pony!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters