March 31, 2010

All Aboard!

I took Emma for her 15 month check up this morning. While we waited we got to watch a few minutes of Cinderella in the waiting room. Emma was entranced from the moment she laid eyes on her. I might have to buy that movie for her. I think she was actually sad when they called our name and we had to leave the waiting room.

She is on track for everything and doing great! As the nurse was trying to measure her, she commented on how strong Emma was because the she couldn't get Emma's legs pushed down. I must say that Emma has a freakish strength about her...it must be from all the muscle flexing and jumping up and down like a Tigger.

Here are her stats:
Weight: 24 lbs. 2 oz. (75th percentile)
Height: 30.5 in. (75th percentile)
Head: 18 7/8 in. (95th percentile)

I did mention to the doctor that she sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night because of a nightmare. He said that this is common but that it is linked to the child being overly tired. The last time she had one was when we got back from the wedding and we had just been in the car for a long time. So that makes sense that she was overly exhausted. Poor thing!

After the traumatic experience of getting two shots, I took her to the park for a little bit. Since I have been sick for a week, Emma hasn't been able to be outside that much. It was so nice out this afternoon that I figured I'd take her before it was lunch time. There is a big wooden train there for kids to play on and she loved it! Here are a few pictures from the experience:











Last night Josh had a softball game and me and Emma went to cheer him on. Of course Emma made a friend while we were there. His name is Noah and they were so cute together. He is just a few weeks younger than her. They loved sitting on the bench but for some reason when the dads started taking pictures, Emma only wanted to get in my lap...still a cute picture though!

3 comments:

  1. Freakish strength? Well, Lord, I hope she doesn't have a man arm later on in life!!! She will be teased relentlessly by her very best friends! :)
    CUTE pics! I can't wait to see her again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all fairness, Leah, you totally DO have a man arm! We all know the picture that proves it! haha You know we love you!! Can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time you go to this train call me!! We took Eli there last summer ... he was only 10 months old but he still loved it and I bet now he really would since he says choo choo every time we see a train! We should all do a picnic there sometime.

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters