April 24, 2010

Lately

Lately Emma's favorite phrase is "Uh Oh." Except she just says "Uh!" most of the time. I've try to get her to say the OH afterward but it's so cute that I might stop trying.

Her favorite drink besides water is Fruitables. It has 1 serving of fruits and vegetables in it and it has a lot less sugar than most juice. So where I used to give her apple or grape juice, now I sometimes give her this. She likes it all, so I try to switch it up for her. I did find out that there is something out there that she doesn't like...V8 Juice. Hates it. Sticks her nose up at it. Swats it away if she sees it coming near her. I can't say I blame her.

She loves bath time. It's to the point now where it's tough to get her out of the tub. I let the water drain out while she's in there and she waits until it's all gone and then she waves bye bye to it. Adorable!

She still loves brushing her teeth. She can be totally unhappy and if I say, "Do you want to brush your teeth?" she immediately gets excited, giggles, and puts her hand out (waiting for her toothbrush to be put there). I get the same excited reaction when I ask her if she wants to read a book. She literally jumps up and down every day when she realizes I'm about to bring the books out.

She also can't get enough of washing her hands. She hates when she gets them dirty. If she's eating and food gets on them, even the tiniest bit, she stops eating and puts her hand out and grunts. She wants you to get it off. It thrills her when I lift her up to the sink to help her wash her hands. If she sees me in the kitchen washing my hands, she comes over to me and pulls on my leg because she wants me to let her do it too.

She thinks the best invention ever is a fork. You can put anything on a fork and she'll eat it and then laugh.

She is currently getting her last two teeth before her two year molars. So once these are fully in, she'll have 16 chompers!

If something is missing, I can almost guarantee that Emma has hidden it underneath the couch or the pack 'n play. Yesterday I lifted up the skirt on the pack 'n play and I found 7 pieces of her plastic fruit under there! The funniest thing was the shrill squeal that came out of her mouth when she saw that I found them. I'm pretty sure she planned it that way.

I am SO happy to have this little girl in my life and to have the ability to stay home with her right now. There are always going to be instances where I need a break or count the minutes until Josh gets home. But when I'm able to catch a glimpse of her in the car mirror dancing with that smirk on her face or when she leans over to rest her head against mine and then utters the word "Mama," I understand just how blessed I am.

1 comment:

  1. She is definitely her own little person! Can't wait for the slumber party Wed night!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters