April 13, 2010

Sleep

Sleep is something that everybody takes for granted...until your sleep is taken away. Then you realize how much you miss it and how wonderful it used to be. Emma's spots are getting better as the day goes on. But the battle for sleep during the night continues.

She woke up at 2:45 last night and I could NOT get her to go back to sleep. She was wide awake but at the same time, it was evident how tired she was. We rocked, we swayed, we watched a Mickey Mouse, we watched a few other shows, we sat in silence and in the dark, I laid on the floor with her, I laid in the extra bedroom with her, I gave her some water, I offered her food...this child was not feeling any of it. It was like she couldn't get comfortable. She'd sit one way and then roll all over me. Finally, I stood up and held her while we swayed and I hummed and she drifted off to sleep. The whole process took a little over 3 hours. When I woke up this morning, I felt like I had wrestled an alligator. Seriously, my back and arms are so soar. It was as if I had a 3 hour aerobic workout session! And then of course once I finally had her asleep, it took me a good hour or so to get myself to sleep. Such a long night!

On the bright side, she was in a terrific mood when she woke up this morning at 8:20. I don't know how she was in such a good mood after being awake half the night...she didn't get that happy morning demeanor from me, that's for sure! I am just thankful that her spots are starting to clear up. I'm hoping that will lead to a better night sleep tonight for all of us.

2 comments:

  1. That is terrible! I hate when that sort of stuff happens... It is so hard to go without sleep. I hope Emma feels 100% better SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor JDurr and Emma! I'm praying for y'all - for you to get some sleep and for sweet Emma to get some rest and feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters