April 29, 2010

The Gardens

We made our first trip to the Botanical Gardens today. Beautiful place. Too bad Emma wasn't in the best mood this morning. It all started when I had to take away her ball because we weren't allowed to bring it into the gardens. She was less than pleased with this news.

Thankfully we found a fountain and that made her happy for a little bit.


Then we headed over to the grassy area and she wanted to play with some bubbles that one of our friends brought. Fine. But then she wanted to put the bubble wands in her mouth. NOT so fine. I ended up just having to take them away from her. She was very upset about this. Coupled with the fact that it was hot and she was tired pushed her over the edge. I was about ready to leave but thought I'd try feeding her first. After we had our picnic lunch we went to another area that was shaded and she perked up again. She loves sitting up on things so I knew she'd love this bench.




Here is one of her shouting "Dada Dada" - She was looking for Josh:


She literally fell asleep before our car left the Gardens. She was so exhausted. Since she got a 30 minute nap in, she was awake and ready to go when we got home. I decided to take her outside.






Nala is playing underneath the blanket and Emma was so confused (You can see the cat's tail sticking out the right side of the blanket):


But then Nala popped out and Emma laughed hysterically because she thought the cat was playing peek-a-boo with her:


Then Emma got a hold of the camera and she took her first picture...pretty good if you ask me! Very artistic.


Last but not least, she colored for a little while on her new picnic table that Josh built her. Eventually it will be painted but apparently it has to "age" for a couple of months. She will enjoy it even without paint! Didn't he do a great job building it?

2 comments:

  1. Josh is so handy! Love the table!
    That pic of her and Nala made my Friday! See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters