Recently I have given Emma a veggie burger. Since she loves her meat I was skeptical about trying this. I thought it was worth a shot though since they have so much protein and veggies in them. Turns out she ate it right up!
Since that went so well, I tried to give her some "veggie nuggets." She could not get them of her fork fast enough! She gobbled them up so fast. This isn't to say that the next time I put them on her plate, she'll turn her nose up at them. But for now, she's loving her vegetarian treats.
The same day she ate the veggie nuggets for lunch, she also ate some hamburger with cheese for dinner. She loves her meat, her fruit and her vegetables. She seems to fit into the new term that is referred to as "flexitarian." The real meaning of the term is a semi-vegetarian diet focusing on vegetarian food with occasional meat consumption. CLEARLY she isn't a technical flexitarian but when I heard it for the first time, I thought it fit the current situation for different reasons. I define it more as one who is flexible with food and is open to trying anything. That's my girl.
I'm so glad she's a good eater. I know she'll soon go through the inevitable toddler phase where she won't eat. So for now, I'm embracing my flexitarian!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
5 weeks ago


Do tell on where to purchase veggie nuggets! I need brand and store please :) This is good stuff! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI found these at Publix. The brand is Veggie Patch and they called "Chick'n Nuggets." It isn't in the frozen section though...it's over in the cold section near the vegetables where all the vegetarian stuff is. They had several different brands so you can see which ML would like.
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of Lil Emma! I hope she keeps up the healthy appetite! I'm proud of you too Jess for feeding her not only tasty but healthy meals!
ReplyDelete