May 16, 2010

Snake Wrangler?

This weekend we celebrated our friend Lillian's second birthday at the zoo!

Here is Emma in Colton's wagon while we wait to all go in to the party.


Once we were inside, they brought three animals around for all the kids to pet. First was a turtle which was fun. Then came the snake...

Emma had just touched it so I figured I should be able to suck it up and touch it too.


Then Emma went to touch it again after she saw me do it. But instead of merely touching it, she squeezed it! I think the snake might have bitten the trainer a little bit when Emma did this. I felt so bad!! I apologized profusely to the woman. This was a photo taken right after she squeezed it and you can see the horrified look on my face. How was I supposed to know that my child would be the one that tried to wrangle the snake? At least it wasn't a poisonous one!

When the third animal came around (a guinea pig) I decided to let Emma sit that one out. I didn't want a repeat squeeze situation.

Here is the birthday girl with her parents blowing out the candles. Isn't she adorable?


After cake and ice cream, the party headed to the carousel for a ride. Can you tell from the pictures that my dress matches her shorts? CUTE!!




And then the train:


During our train ride, Parker was sitting in front of us. He was so sweet and leaned over to give Emma a kiss. At first she was very unsure of this. But after a minute, SHE was the one leaning over to give him another kiss. Those two were so cute together. I can't believe she's already had her first kiss at 16 months old...and with an older boy (he's 19 months old!). It made me and Parker's mom so sad to see them grow up so fast. Those kisses are supposed to be reserved just for us! Here is a picture of them caught in the act:


Another great day at the zoo and packed with entertainment from the children as usual!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I accidentally snapped that picture of you with that look on your face! I still can't believe Emma squeezed that snake!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters