February 1, 2010

Dancing Queen

Since this past weekend was the last weekend of hunting season, I knew Josh would be occupied. Therefore, Emma and I decided to take the opportunity to make a quick trip to Mississippi and visit some of my girls. We stayed with my friend, Alissa, who was my roommate all through college. I figure if you can make it that long living together, have no fights and still remain friends afterward, then we were definitely destined to be friends forever!

Alissa just had her first baby so Emma was very excited to have somebody to play with. She kept trying to share her toys with him but since he is only 4 months old, he just kind of looked at her. Here they are watching some television while Alissa and I were getting their things together. Aren't they just so cute?


One night we met our friends Anna and Nessa for dinner and we brought Emma along for the girls' night out. It was so much fun catching up and having adult conversations as opposed to baby talk all day. I was worried Emma was going to misbehave because she only took a 30 minute nap that afternoon. But thankfully she was very good. We even had some people tell us on our way out how well behaved she was. Yay! Emma gave us all a good laugh at the end of dinner. The waitress was clearing the plates and I was still eating. I was thinking to myself before she came around that I needed to stop eating because I wasn't hungry anymore. So when she came around, she took it and then asked if I was done. I said, "Yes" and she took it. Well Emma was very unpleased with this. I'm not sure what got into her but she gave this woman the stink eye! It was her 'serious face' but more of a 'you better back off or ELSE face.' She was so convincing that the waitress actually put my plate back down. And once the waitress left our area, Emma noticed the plate was back and I guess she felt very victorious because she smiled and clapped for herself. It was SO funny! I guess she was thinking that she was protecting my food for me. Very sweet. :)

Alissa's parents had a party one night and we all loaded up and went. It was so cold that day that it actually snowed that morning and afternoon. It took a lot of preparing for all the stuff we had to take with us. Lots of layers of clothes, hats, bottles, snacks, etc. We had a great time though. There were lots of people and tons of food. Her dad makes the best eggrolls so that was the main food attraction. They even had karaoke. After that night, I have now dubbed Emma the Dancing Queen because she was all about the music. I had to stand in the front row for every song while she kicked her legs and bounced up and down the whole time. I had a lot of people come up to me and tell me how cute she was. You'd think a baby would be scared with all the loud music and people all over the place, but not Emma. She was thriving on all the action. My arms were killing me by the end of the night! I had to take a break and go up to the house at one point just so my arms could get a break. Here is a picture of us with Alissa and JHA up at the house.


And here is a picture that I took of Emma as she is trying to put the cute ladybug hat on that Alissa gave her:


Before we left on Sunday, we went to brunch. Here are a few shots of Emma.

Waiting for food:


Playing Peek-a-boo:



A good time was had by all and we look forward to seeing our Mississippi friends again sometime soon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh precious! I can't wait to see the little dancing queen soon! Alissa looks great and baby J is adorable!! Tell her I said hello!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters