February 24, 2010

Changes

Changes are everywhere. Because of her Gumby arms and her curiosity, Josh had to take down the Emma Camera and move it out of her reach. She used to just poke at it, but after a little while, she would grab it and tug. She had the cord one time and I seriously thought she was pulling it out of the wall. I ran upstairs and found her with the biggest smile on her face. It was pretty cute, but not safe, so Josh put it up in the corner of the ceiling. Not only do we not have to worry about her getting her hands on it but we also have a view of the whole room now. Here she is last night after we put her down for the night.


He also mounted the television in her room on the wall so that it wasn't on the little table. She never really messed with it, but I know it was only a matter of time and now she has more room to play. It makes the room feel so much bigger.

She was very curious the other day after Mother Goose. She was really working hard on figuring out how to move all of these pieces. You can see the wheels in her head turning. She didn't move on to the next toy until she had sufficiently moved all the pieces that she wanted to.


On Monday we gave Emma some Brussels sprouts and she really loved them. It was her second time to have them so we knew she'd like them. Surprisingly, Josh and I liked them too. In trying to make sure she gets a wide palette of food, I guess we are broadening our own! Anyway, once she had filled up, she started throwing them off her tray like she always does. But this time one stuck to the wall. I'm sure it is the first of many food items to stick to our wall, but this was the first.

The War on Pillows still continues, but now once they're on the floor, she wants to lay down on them. It's so sweet. It makes me think we should put a pillow in her crib now, but she moves around SO much that I don't think there is any point. Other moms out there - when did you start putting a pillow in your baby's crib? I couldn't quite get a shot of her putting her head down because when she saw me, she perked up and wanted to come over to me.




This is just a cute one I got of her clapping. They were counting on Mickey Mouse and once they got to the end, she clapped. She loves her numbers!!


The last new thing she started doing was yesterday. I made her grits for breakfast and she did her normal "mmmmm" noise but then afterward she smacked her lips. I am not sure if it was because she discovered she could smack or because it felt good on her teething gums, but she smacked her lips ALL day long. Maybe the grits were just THAT good that she thought about them all day. haha

It's good to know that some things never change though. Here is a video of her laughing at Josh falling over. That laugh gets me every time!

2 comments:

  1. She is laughing so hard! That is so cute!!!!
    We started putting pillows in Colton's bed around 12 or 13 months, but he moved all over the place and it was probably 5 or 6 months before he actually figured out what they were for and started sleeping on them all night!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ML sleeps the exact same way Emma does - "booty up." I have no clue on the pillow...that's probably a question I would have asked you before too long, had you not posted about it :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters