She is also teething again. I'm not sure if it would be considered 'again' or 'still' but there are teeth coming through. She'll have a full set soon. All the better to make that toothy grin of hers.
We can add Miss Independent to the list of words to describe her. I was trying to read her a book last night and I was turning the pages. She looked at me, pushed my hand away, and while she was still looking at me, she turned the pages one by one. I think it was her way of saying to me, "SEE, I am a big girl and I can do this by myself...even with my eyes averted from the book!" Here is a picture of her after she took the entire book from me:
Then today I was trying to help her turn her grocery cart around and again she pushed away my hand and proceeded to do her own thing. I knew she would grow up and not need me eventually, but I wasn't aware it would happen at 13 months old! I wasn't prepared for this!
And then she crawled up into her chair and had her milk:
And then as she was crawling out of her chair, I said, "Emma, let me see your serious face." End result=hilarious:
She started going to Mother's Day Out last week. She just goes one day a week for a few hours in the morning but it has been nice for her to interact more with children her age and for me to be able to run some quick errands without my shadow with me. After her first day, her report was the following:
*Happy all day long
*Ate really well
*Clearly a very independent and bright little girl
Duh, tell us something we don't know, right?! haha I'm really glad she is liking the classroom setting and enjoying the other kids.
Currently we have Mother's Day out one morning, Mother Goose storytime one day and then our playgroup one day. I was afraid with all the kid interaction again that Emma might start to get sick and the ear infections would kick into gear again. I am happy to report that she is not sick at all and if anything, it's ME that is sick. I guess I need to boost my immune system if I'm going to be around all these children because I have the sniffles right now. I'm just thankful that Emma gets Josh's immune system!


That new pic is cracking me up!
ReplyDelete