February 19, 2010

We're Back

Josh and I got home from Charleston today. We left early this morning because we both missed Emma so much! It was the first time that both of us have been away from her over night...and this was TWO nights. Thankfully we knew she was in great hands with Jaime and John so we had no worries. My only worry was that she would be spoiled rotten. Jaime held her all day on Wednesday and then after that if Emma even whimpered, she'd pick her up. This is going to be hard to get her accustomed to us again. Emma had a fantastic time and we can't thank Jaime and John enough. I have no pictures or any updates from the past few days, so if you want to see what happened, you can go to Jaime's blog and read all about it.

The visitation and funeral for my grandfather were both really good. There were lots of good friends at both and we can't thank everybody enough for coming out to say goodbye and support the family. The Mayor of Charleston gave a wonderful eulogy that allowed me to hear about some of the things that Papa did before I was even born. He was truly an amazing, honorable and inspiring person and I am grateful that I can call him my grandfather. I'm so glad I was able to go and I am thankful that Josh came with me. He had to work some while we were there and I told him he didn't need to come, but of course, he insisted. What a great husband!

Thank you to everyone for the prayers and thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. We are glad you are back in Birmingham this week. We missed you. You and your family are still in my prayers

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters