...For THREE steps!! Yep, our little ladybug took her first steps tonight. It was an added bonus that Josh and I were both right there to witness it. She has really been making progress lately with her balancing so we knew it would be soon. We were just sitting on the floor and I had Emma in my lap and she stood up and took three steps towards Josh. Then she fell forward into his arms. She thinks it is more of a game to just fall face forward into us because she knows we will catch her. She laughs hysterically when she falls.
Then later on tonight we were upstairs with her and she did it again! She hasn't taken more than 3 steps at a time, but we're getting there.
I found out on Wednesday morning that I had strep throat. Not the best news especially since it is very contagious and I didn't want Emma or Josh catching it. Thankfully Josh was able to come home from work and stay with Emma on Wednesday and today. I started the antibiotics on Wednesday afternoon so by this afternoon I wasn't contagious anymore. Josh still quarantined me until tonight though just in case. Thank goodness he did or I might have missed the exclusive first steps!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
5 weeks ago


JDurr - I'm so sorry you have strep!! Yuck! I am glad you don't [seem] to feel too bad though. Yay for Emma's first steps!! Maybe she can perfect her skills and teach ML! :) I hope you are back to 100% soon, and that Emma and Josh stay well!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Emma on her first steps!! So exciting! I'm sorry you had strep though. I hope you're feeling better! Call me if you need ANYTHING!
ReplyDeleteYay, Emma! Growing up so fast! Hope you feel better soon, Jess!
ReplyDelete