June 12, 2010

Toddlerville

I know that technically Emma has been a toddler for a while, but recently it really hit me. She is really growing up and she has SO much personality! I feel like I'm living in Toddlerville (Population 3) where everything revolves around all things toddler.

This is not a baby...this is definitely a toddler!


And this is a monkey who wants to stand up in the chair because it's more challenging


Recently, she has become very interested in drinking out of a real cup (no sippy lid, no straw - just cup). This afternoon, I was drinking some water and she wanted my cup so bad. I held it and let her drink it and she did so well. So we decided it was probably time to go ahead and let her have at it all by herself. We got some little cups and this was her attempt at it tonight.


As you can see from the video, she was quite wet when this exercise was over. But that smile was priceless! She had so much fun with it. You could tell that she felt like a big girl.

Our monkey also likes to climb the stairs now. We have baby gates but if you take the bottom one off and say, "Do you want to go upstairs?" she races over and starts the climb. Before this week, she wouldn't go past the first stair. She always waited for us to come and hold her hand. NOT ANYMORE! Her fear is gone...and thus mine begins.


I love seeing her grow up and learn new things each day. She is truly a joy and I know how blessed we are to have her. We're enjoying Toddlerville so far and I hope we stay here for a good long while before moving on to the next phase.

1 comment:

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters