June 20, 2010

Father's Day

A special note to my dad:
Dad~ Thank you so much for being the great father that you've always been to me. You've always been supportive, encouraging and honest which are all things that mean so much to me. I appreciate everything you've done and still do for me. I still call you first if I need advice and it is so comforting to know that you're there to listen. I wish we could be together today but I'll see you soon. I love you and miss you!

Josh's Father's Day weekend:
We went to Mississippi for the day to visit with some of Josh's family that were in town for Gabriel's fourth birthday.

On the way we decided to stop for a little treat...Chick-Fil-A milkshakes! We got an extra little cup and gave some to Emma and she was in heaven.




This is her being upset after I tried to take it from her so that I could stir it around to allow the shake to come out of the straw:


And happy again now that it comes out like it should:


The birthday boy while we all sing 'Happy Birthday' to him:


Emma tried crawfish for the first time last night and to no surprise, she LOVED them!



With all the big boys at the table eating crawfish:


Watching a DVD on the way home...


She doesn't look sick at all in the picture above, does she? But when we got home, she was burning up and we took her temperature and it read 102.8! Poor baby!! We have no idea what was/is wrong with her. I thought it might be a result of an allergy due to the crawfish, but with the only symptom being a fever, that is probably not the case. She is eating fine and shows no sign of feeling badly. We put her right to bed with a dose of Motrin and she slept all night long.

This morning she woke with a 100.5 fever but another Motrin dose, it has broken. If it comes back today, then we're going to the doctor tomorrow. Otherwise, she already has an appointment on Tuesday, so we'll just talk to the doctor then.

Emma made Josh a tile with her footprints on it:


And as soon as she saw it, she must have remembered making it, because she lifted her foot right up to it!


These are pictures of us making the tile above earlier this month:



Emma made a tile for Daddy, but Nala had different plans! She brought him a chipmunk bright and early. And it was THE biggest one she's ever caught. She must love her Daddy! haha Josh didn't love the chipmunk since it meant he had to chase it around for 10 minutes before he could catch it. Oh, the joys of having a cat.

Happy Father's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters