Emma had a fun time with her cousin, Jay. Now that they are both a little older, it was fun to see their interaction. Jay just turned two, so he's 10 months older than Emma. We know how Emma loves to watch other kids run around and be goofy. Well, Jay entertained her for a good while doing just that. He would run towards her and hop over something and she would cackle. If he stopped for a second, she would be upset and want him to come back and do it again. She didn't understand why he wasn't at her beckon call. They also found a great game of Emma throwing her sippy cup down and Jay going to pick it up and bring it back to her. Jay would say, "Throw it down, Emma!" and she would slowly reach her arm down from the highchair and let it drop. We would all clap our hands and say yay and then wait for Jay to go pick it up and then we'd clap again and say yay again. It doesn't take much for those two to be happy!
Our ride home was better in some ways and worse in others. The first half way great. She was so good and sat in my lap and then right after we took off, she fell asleep the rest of the duration. And then during our layover, I pulled out the DVD player and put Mickey on. To say that I think it is the best invention ever, is an understatement. Here she is watching it while we wait:
Then we boarded the second plane and it started to go downhill. Bless her heart, she was so tired and all she wanted to do was get down and crawl/cruise around. But she couldn't, so instead she screamed and cried. By the time we were able to turn on electronic devices, it wasn't enough time to watch a whole Mickey before we would have to turn them off again. And if you turn off Mickey in the middle, you wind up with a very upset baby. So I just didn't try to turn it back on during the flight. I am just thankful it was only a 30 minute flight. It was virtually the whole way home that she did this. I'm also thankful that the people around us were understanding. I think all of them had kids because they all had that look on their faces that said, "Don't worry, it happens to everybody...no judgment!" It's over now though and we've enjoyed being back home. We really missed Josh and we were so happy to see him pull up to the terminal.
The other night, Emma kept going up to him and just reaching out to touch him. Like she wanted to make sure he was real. We did Skype him once while we were there, so maybe she wanted to make sure it wasn't an image...she wanted the real thing. It was so cute!


You go brave mama!! I'm terrified of a long car trip with ML - a plane trip is absolutely out of the question - especially with the long terminals and security and the stuff you have to lug...oh you are so brave! I'm so glad it went well, and I'm glad you're back! I love the pic of Miss Emma watch her movie - what a SWEET little girl!! Can't wait to see y'all Saturday!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Emma.... I mean you are back! haha! Can't wait to see you today!
ReplyDelete