March 16, 2010

The Letter B

In the past week Emma has started to say some real words. Her best and most recognizable ones are: Book, Bye, Box and Brush. Apparently she is good with the letter B. And whereas she used to say "Nada" for our cat, she just today is pronouncing it correctly - Nala.

It's so amazing to hear her speak. I know that for a long time she has understood what we were saying but to really hear her say it is totally different.

She just started saying 'brush' today and she was referring to a toothbrush. It isn't as distinct as her other words but I think that's because it has a lot of other sounds in it so it's harder for her. She sees it as a challenge. Let me tell you why she started saying it...

We were getting ready to go visit Jaime so I was brushing Emma's teeth. She saw the big toothbrush that sings that Mimi gave her and of course she wanted it. So as I was brushing her teeth with the small one, she was playing with the big one. I finished brushing them but she wasn't done playing yet. I took the brush away and she pointed to it and said "Brus, Brus, Brus!!" I knew, of course, that she meant 'Give me that BRUSH!"

I learned pretty early on to pick my battles with Emma. If it is something that could physically harm her, obviously I stick to my guns. But if she wants to hold a toothbrush that sings, that is not quite worth fighting for.

She won...


The other day when she was sick, all I could get her to eat was some spaghetti I had made. I took a few pictures of her because she was so cute all covered with spaghetti. Josh got home from work and walked in on her in mid meal. He was shocked how messy she was and that I had let her just continue to make this mess. I told him that she was eating it and I didn't care how messy she got during the process.







And yes, she does have two spoons...what, you don't eat with two spoons at a time?

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! I wish I could have seen yesterday so I could hear a few of those words! I feel terrible today though so it's good you kept her away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next word should be LEAH! I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters