March 12, 2010

When in Doubt...

...Feed her olives and pickles! Since Emma has had a fever, cough and runny nose, her appetite hasn't been what it normally is. At first she'd only eat green beans and hotdogs. But then she didn't even want that! Yesterday she barely ate anything at all...a banana, some cheerios, a handful of edamame, strawberries and some ritz crackers. For her that is less than she'd normally eat in one sitting. Yesterday she was extra clingy to me and fussier than usual. I think she was just fussy because she was so tired but she couldn't get any good sleep because of the cough. Poor thing probably has a soar throat too from all the coughing and I assume that is why she doesn't want that much to eat. I know it will pick back up after she gets better.

Here is a picture of her from yesterday. One of the only times her feet touched the floor all day. She found these two rolls of drawer liner and thought they were the best thing ever. She kept putting them on the floor and then strolling over to them with her shopping cart. Then she'd put them both in her cart and give me that big Emma smile.


Today her fever is gone but she still doesn't feel back to herself yet. But I did remember something that she loves that she might eat...olives and pickles! She ate so many that her tummy actually felt tight and full. Finally a full baby. After lunch, I gave her a bath, then her milk, changed her sheets and I put her down for a nap. She's out. Phew!

Last night I got to celebrate my birthday again! How nice are my friends? Jaime cooked us dinner (baked ziti & garlic bread) and Emily baked me a cake (chocolate cake with vanilla icing). All of it was delicious! And they gave me a gift certificate to the place where I am getting my massage on Saturday...didn't that work out well! So I am looking forward to using it tomorrow! Unfortunately, Leah and Rachel couldn't make it, but I thank you girls for the gift and want you to know that you were there in spirit.

Blowing out my candles:


Here is the cake (yes, there are two chunks taken out of it - see next picture for explanation):


Me and Emily couldn't wait for the formality of cutting the cake, so we decided to just bite right in:


Then Jaime wanted to do it too and of course me being the great friend that I am, I volunteered to do it with her:


By the end of dinner we decided to eat our cake outside on the patio...don't you like the big "Over the Hill" button that they got me?


Thanks for the celebration ladies! And also a shout out to Leah who got engaged this week!! I'm so excited for you LL and I know that your future with Cody will be full and blessed.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! This is how I find out that Leah is ENGAGED!!!!! YEAH!!!!! Congrats to you Leah and Happy B'day again Jessica!! : )

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters