It's officially feeling like spring time out there. And we know what that means, right? Spring cleaning! I have asked myself the same question about 20 times since yesterday...how do two adults and one baby produce this much trash? I mean, seriously this is not rhetorical. Do you know what Josh's answer to my question was? He simply responded, "Talent." I think that is where it all begins. He views this as a talent and I view it as a problem! Why does God make opposites attract? I think it proves that He has a sense of humor.
Yesterday afternoon Josh and I tackled the garage while Emma took a nap. If we're being honest, I didn't do that much except for hold up things and say, "Can we throw this away?" and I swept a lot. My main purpose was to make sure that Josh stayed focused. You probably think this is not necessary and possibly qualifies as overkill. Well, then you obviously don't know Josh. I would be going through a pile of stuff and turn around and he'd be gone. I would walk to the backyard and find him looking at trees. He claims he was looking for a good tree to hang Emma's swing on. Either way, we're not hanging the swing now...we're cleaning. This is the kind of thing that went on the whole time. He is so easily distracted. Once Emma woke up I had to leave him to it alone. After 5 minutes he was cutting the Crepe Myrtles in the backyard. So now our garage is really close to being fully cleaned out and the Crepe Myrtles are really close to being all pruned...but neither is done completely. These are the times when it is good for me to breathe deeply and realize that his priority list just isn't the same as mine and also realize how great of a man, husband and father he is. And really that is all that is important at the end of the day.
I do have a small miracle to tell you about though. We have lived in this house for over 6 years. When we moved in Josh put up a new mailbox post...but he never put the new numbers on it. We have physically had the numbers since he put up the new post. Yep, SIX YEARS. And do you know what we finally have ON the post? Hallelujah - we have numbers on it. He finally did it! No longer will I have to tell people directions by saying which house on the right we are. Now I can just say our address like a normal person. It's the little things in life that make me happy!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
5 weeks ago


Congratulations on your new mailbox numbers! Ha!
ReplyDelete