Emma has been walking more and more but if she isn't in the mood to walk, then you might as well give up. She definitely knows what she wants (and what she doesn't want!). As promised, here is a video of her taking her first big girl steps.
In addition to walking, she has gotten even more fond of dancing as the days pass. This is a video from when we were shopping. First of all, please notice the car stroller...she had a blast with it! Second of all, in each store we went into they were playing different music and it thrilled her. She kept dancing to all of it.
Both Josh and Jaime commented immediately on how long Emma's hair had gotten when we got back. Apparently it grew quite a bit over the weekend while we were away. I can't wait for it to get long enough to put a bow or something in it. Won't she be so cute in a bow?
She's also getting her last one year molar in. The other 3 weren't that bad but this one is bothering her. She was fussy yesterday and some the day before. She is constantly chewing on whatever she can get in her mouth. I give her teething rings and things like that, but it just doesn't work as well as when she shoves her entire fist in there. I gave her some Motrin a few times but that hasn't seemed to help much either. I can't wait for this one to pop through!
Hotdogs. That word about sums up last night's supper. It was her first hotdog and to say she enjoyed it would be the understatement of the year. Who knew? Some of my friends were talking about how they buy hotdogs all the time for their kids and it didn't occur to me until then that I should try that. Obviously I'm never surprised when she likes a new food because she likes ALL food. But this was crazy. She wouldn't eat anything else. She just kept grunting towards the plate and then pointing to it. She ate the entire thing in under a minute (not exaggerating!).
We went to Mary Lynne's first birthday party today. I forgot my camera, so I have no pictures of it but I can tell you that it was such a cute party and I'm so glad we got to go. ML is precious and I think she had a great time. I can't believe our little girls are one already. I feel like Mary Lynne's mom, Rhonda, and I were just talking about prenatal vitamins and maternity clothes!
Here are a few pictures of Emma from the other day when Jaime came over to visit. It looked like she was posing for the camera the way she had her hand under her chin.
And here she is sipping her tea. Don't you like how she already sticks her pinky finger out? She's such a lady!
I think that covers us on her updates right now. Always something new happening around here!


Thank y'all so much for coming to the party!!! I haven't had a chance to look back over the pictures - I hope one of the ones of ML and Emma turned out cute! If not, I'm putting up one of Emma being cute and ML crying :) I have to majorly thank you for two reasons: 1) ML FINALLY has her own shades!! I've been looking everywhere, even Wallyworld, and could NOT find any her size. She ALWAYS tries to grab mine (or my glasses) and it is SO nice that she finally has her own. She wore them out to play after she finally got her nap yesterday. 2)That little spinning thing is my new favorite thing. FINALLY I can change a diaper without her trying to roll over, all due to the sheer amazement from the spin! Wahoo!!! Thank you Jess and Emma!!!
ReplyDeleteAwe, she's so precious! And now mobile! Life's about to change! Hope to see you soon!!
ReplyDelete