March 10, 2010

Priceless

Today is my birthday and here is how it played out...

5:30 last night Emma started with a fever (100.3) - Oh no
9:00 last night a rash appeared on her belly - Not good!
3:02 this morning the loudest thunderstorm/lightening storm began and woke me up - Ugh!
3:15 Josh has already fallen back asleep - Typical
5:30 I am still awake - Also Typical
6:00ish I finally fall back asleep - Hallelujah

7:30 Josh leaves for work and comes and sings me happy birthday - So sweet!
8:30 Emma wakes up and I feel that she still has a fever (100.4) - Aahhh
Her rash has doubled and it looks terrible - Panic!
Call the doctor, make an appointment, traipse through the rain - Seriously?
Make it to the doctor's on time - Miracle!
Copay - $30
Weight - 24 lbs 7 ounces
Amount of snot that ended up on my shirt during the appt - immeasurable
Lab work - "not the flu at least"
Verdict - Bronchialitis and a viral rash (none of it contagious) but she'll be fine
Prescription - breathing treatment for the cough and a prescription cream for rash
Quick ChickfilA before Emma falls asleep/Josh has to go back to work - $8.96

Spending your 30th birthday this way - Not awesome
50 minutes massage that Josh gave me as a present - Can't WAIT
Birthday dessert - FREE courtesy of the restaurant
Getting a kiss from Emma & having dinner alone with Josh while Jaime babysits - PRICELESS

At the end of the day, I can't complain! Here is a picture of me and Josh from tonight...

3 comments:

  1. Oh JDurr! I thought about you yesterday morning and hoped you were having a wonderful Happy Birthday :) I'm so sorry little Emma has the funk BUT I'm glad that it's nothing more than a virus (and hopefully she acts okay and is eating, and it will run it's course SOON). I hope you get to enjoy that massage SOON! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she's feeling better today!! Call me if you need a break from the holding! I'll be happy to fill in for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 year old Hotties!
    I hope Emma is better today!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters