March 24, 2010

Long Week

It's been a long week already in our house. I have been sick so I haven't been able to take Emma on our fun outings like usual. Josh and I do the nursery at our church on Sunday mornings twice a month...I do one and he does one. Well, every time that it is my turn, I end up sick. Whether it's the sniffles or strep throat. But Josh and Emma never get sick. I am thankful that their immune systems are like steal but I wish mine was better! This was the worst so far though. Apparently the stomach bug is going around big time and I caught it. I was sick all day yesterday. Josh even had to come home at lunch to feed Emma for me because I was so nauseous and weak. Just to give you an idea of how bad it was yesterday I'll tell you this. After Josh left to go back to work, I got up to put Emma down for a nap. I took her upstairs and was about to change her diaper when all of a sudden I had that "Oh no, I'm about to faint feeling." I had to quickly put Emma in her crib for safe keeping while I laid on the floor to recover. I finally mustered up the strength to pick her back up, change her diaper, turn the music bear on and put her down for a nap. Then after that I came straight downstairs to bed and didn't move until she woke up. It was such a long day!

I am feeling much better today and hopefully I'll be back to 100% by tomorrow. Since we haven't done anything this week, I'll post a few pictures that I haven't had a chance to put up yet.

Here she is strolling around (aren't her new shoes cute? - thank you to JD & Honey for those.)



The other day at lunch she started using her spoon really well. She's been holding the spoon for months and attempting to feed herself with it but I'd say 60% ended up in her lap. Today she was really getting it in her mouth. So proud!



My mom has a cabinet in her kitchen that my nephew and Emma can play in. It has tupperware in it and things that are safe for them. Emma loved it so much when we visited them last time that I decided to rearrange some things and make an 'Emma Cabinet' as well. It's nice for her to be able to be in the kitchen with me while I'm cleaning or cooking and know that's she's playing with something safe. Here she is playing in it.



Here is a picture from this morning. She was eating some toast for breakfast and she was just so happy that I decided to snap a few pictures.



And how cute is it that she kept putting all the toast pieces inside the hole of her teething ring? She'd put a few in there and then eat those out...then do it again.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you weren't feeling well! She's so cute!! We definitely have to plan a visit for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad you are sick! Feel better soon friend! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters