July 21, 2010

Minor Panic

I had a minor panic yesterday. Emma did not do as well on Tuesday as she did on Monday. She didn't eat breakfast at all, only ate some of her lunch and took less than a one hour nap! When I picked her up she looked so sleepy. I was in panic mode because all I could think was that Monday was a fluke and she was now miserable all day long. In my mind, it was like she thought Monday was just a one time thing and then it would be over. But then the next day when we dropped her off again, it sunk in that this was her new reality.

I realize now that this scenario is probably not realistic because I'm not sure an 18 month old could go through this thought process (although you never know!). Instead, she was probably just trying to adjust to getting up earlier, eating and napping at different times and being away from her mommy most of the day. I think that is much more likely. And that was reinforced today when I picked her up and her teachers said that she did so much better. She ate all of her breakfast and most of her lunch and took almost a two hour nap on her nap mat. Her demeanor was playful and sweet and she interacted well with other children. Yay!

I know some days will be better than others just like they were when she was with me all day long. My panic has subsided (for now) and I'm so thankful she did well today. I'm praying she continues this trend!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Jess! ML's been at daycare every day since she was about 10 weeks old, and I still hate to drop her off. Some days are definitely better than others too. I'll keep y'all in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. Maybe it will get easier as time goes on...

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters