Today was my first day back at work. It was surreal while at the same time comfortable. Sometimes it was as if I had never left even though I have been gone for ten months. I am glad that the beginning of the pay cycle began on a Friday, because it meant I would only have a one day work week and then have the entire weekend to spend with Emma and Josh. The day went by fairly quickly and it was great catching up with all of my old coworkers. There is a lot of work that lies ahead in the coming weeks, but I think everything is going to go smoothly.
Although it will be extremely hard to be away from Emma, I know that this is the right direction and path for me. I know that even though I am a tax manager now, I will always be Emma's mom first. I know that I will think of her throughout every day and miss her more than she'll ever know. But I also know that this will be an amazing experience for her and she will be in an environment where she can flourish, learn and make new friends. I can't wait to see what lies ahead for my whole family and I thank God for all the blessings in my life and this new opportunity.
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
5 weeks ago


So proud of you! You are much stronger than I, I admire you on all levels. Keep up the good work momma!
ReplyDeleteYou are missed already...
ReplyDelete