October 7, 2009

Short Naps + Frozen Medicine = Long Day

Yesterday was a long day. Emma's morning nap only lasted about 30 minutes and then she had to run errands with me and go with me to work to turn in all of my stuff. On the bright side, this means I'm officially done with work and I feel like a free woman! On the down side, this also means that Emma was extra tired from being taken around all day with me to get everything done. She slept on our way home but that nap only lasted about 30 minutes. I tried to get her to take a real nap a few hours later. This did not go well. It turned a tired baby into a fussy baby with a tired mother. I ended up giving up on the nap, giving her some juice and just letting her play until dinner time. After dinner, a bath and a bottle though she was OUT. She fell asleep last night around 8:30 and did not wake up this morning until 8:00. Twelve hours is not abnormal for her but typically if she is going to sleep that long, she falls asleep earlier and wakes up at her normal time of 7:05.

Another reason it was a little hectic yesterday was because we had a lot of doctor calls. A few were related to the fact that I still feel like she has at least one of her ear infections. After a few conversations, our pedatrician has decided to refer us to an ENT specialist and we have that appointment on Monday. The rest of the calls were because the antibiotics that she has been taking accidentally got frozen. It's very strange but if you put something liquid on our top shelf of the refridgerator, it freezes. Josh has looked at the settings and the temperatures are where they need be. It might just be time for a new fridge. But for the time being, I was only concerned about her prescription. I know that since this medication was a mix, sometimes going below a certain temperature will mess that mix up. Well, it turns out that assumption was correct because our doctor called in a new prescription for us and we had to go get it. Now he wants us to take the whole thing over again (7 days). This will take us through our ENT visit on Monday. I was not excited about this news but surprisingly this medicine hasn't been reacting with her as bad as usual. Perhaps her stomach is now toughened up.

Pray that this ear infection clears up quickly and we are able to be infection free for the first time in over a month!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you guys and sweet baby Emma!! We went to the doc on Monday...no ear infection, but a cold(I'm sure the ear infection will be next...resulting from the cold. And that's assuming we didn't catch something worse than the cold while we waited an HOUR at the doctor in the sick room)!! Poor little babies!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters