Just a quick success story for you. I've been struggling with nap time recently and each day it has gotten a little better. But today I would consider a complete success. At about 1:45, she started rubbing her eyes which is the "I'm getting sleepy" signal. After about 5 minutes, I took her upstairs and gave her a quick bath because she skipped her bath last night. I put on a fresh outfit, turned out the lights and turned on the stuffed bear that plays music. I held her for a second and she quickly had that far off stare that screams "I'm so tired!" I laid her down and walked away at 1:59. She made just a tiny cry for a second while I walked downstairs. By 2:01 she was asleep! When I looked at the monitor and saw her sleeping soundly I almost didn't believe it. I couldn't be more happy that she's getting the hang of this.
Speaking of getting the hang of it...Emma has been pulling up on things for a while and now all she wants to do is stand up. On Wednesday she started to be able to take our hands and walk. Until then she would stand all day but never take a step. She's going to be running around here before we know it! Her favorite thing to do right now is stand up and hold on to her jumpy. She doesn't want to get in it anymore but she loves nothing more than to stand next to it and hold on. She does it totally on her own and she is so proud of herself!
Starting last week her favorite new food is bread. Who doesn't love bread, right? She still likes the old standbys of sweet potatoes and zucchini though. If she can feed it to herself she is much happier. Her personality (and attitude) are really starting to show. She lets you know when she's done with what you're trying to feed her by throwing her hand up when the spoon comes towards her. It's all fun and games until applesauce hurls back towards you! Instead of blending her food that we make we're going to start keeping it more whole and chop it up. That way she can feed herself which thrills her.
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
5 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment