September 1, 2009

Red Bay Adventure

This weekend me, Emily and Jaime went to visit Leah in Red Bay. I love reunions! I think there is one word that can properly describe the town...tiny. I can officially say that it is one of the only cities that I do not think I would get lost in. Huge plus for me because my directional sense is less than stellar. It amazes me how no matter where we are, Josh can always determine which way is North. I only know which way is north if either a.) we're on an interstate that actually has North, South, East or West in the title or b.) my GPS is on and I look down and see which way the arrow is pointing. However, I will point out the fact that the only place that Josh has zero direction is in a mall and that is the one place in the world where I have perfect direction. It doesn't matter which mall or if I've been in it before...I always know where I'm headed! God's little mystery I suppose.

We had a great time in Red Bay and really enjoyed our afternoon with Leah. Her house is so cute! She has become quite the crafty girl lately and has inspired the rest of us to want to do some of the same projects in our homes. We took a tour of the town and saw all the highlights which included the True Value, the Piggly Wiggly, and the school that she attended when she was little. There is also a rooster that lives next door. I could see how that might be disruptive in the early morning hours if I lived there. On the bright side though, she is within walking distance of the Piggly Wiggly. Wahoo! On a random thought though, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure everywhere in the town is technically within walking distance. She recently had some eye surgery (detached retina issues) and is recovering quite nicely. I look forward to her next visit here...hint, hint Leah! Miss you already!

On the only downside of the day though, Emma got sick while I was away. Of course, she waited until the one day that I was gone for this to happen. Once I got into an area that I had reception (again, Red Bay = tiny) I noticed that I had 7 missed calls from Josh. I called him back immediately and he told me that Emma had a fever of 103.5. Her fever had already started to go down a little by the time I called him but he had been searching for the Motrin and couldn't get a hold of me to ask me where it was. If you're wondering, I had cleverly hidden it in her bag where all of her medicine like that is. He had eventually found it though and all was well. Disaster avoided! She was all smiles by the time I got home that night and back to herself.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad she's feeling better! BTW - Did the Tylenol PM help you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe I miss you guys already! I hope you guys decide to move to RB...deep down, I know you really want to! Poor Emma but so glad she's better now!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters