September 7, 2009

Pulling Up

I can officially report that Emma is pulling herself up now. She does it over and over again and is very proud of herself. We caught her on film last night. Check out our big girl:



She is also scooting around. We'll set her down in one spot and in no time, she will have scooted several feet. We're going to have to baby proof our house now because this morning Emma scooted over to the desk and was in the process of trying to pull herself up using the drawers. That could have ended badly because when I looked down, the drawers were sliding out. Danger! I don't even know how to go about baby proofing our house. I'm still not fully convinced that we have "Josh proofed" our house yet. I can only hope that Emma doesn't take after Josh in the way that all you have to hear are two little words and you know that things are about to turn ugly...those two words are "UH OH!" You never want to hear Josh say those words because odds are there is blood and/or some sort of gigantic mess involved. As a close second, you never want to hear Josh say "Watch this!" No good can come of those phrases! Lord, please let Emma not be as curious as her daddy!

On the flip side of that, I hope Emma does retain one important quality of Josh's...her ability to laugh and to do so with no other cares or worries in the world. This video demonstrates just that...it is one of Emma's favorite games. We call it "Super Emma" and I think it's pretty self explanatory:

1 comment:

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters