Emma is now eating meat. She had chicken for the first time on Sunday and she really enjoyed it. Since we shredded it for her it became a little dry but once we mixed it with some sweet potatoes she thought it was amazing. She has also had toast and bread this week. Her new favorite breakfast is toast because she can be a big girl and feed it to herself. She really prefers for us to break up pieces of food and let her feed herself now. I was trying to feed her some applesauce this morning but she would push her little lips together when I brought the spoon up to them. If she saw toast coming her way though, she couldn't open her mouth fast enough! Last night we gave her whole green beans and she'd pick them up and eat them like a french fry and bite off the ends. It was so cute...especially since she still only has those bottom two teeth. It's amazing what babies can eat even though they don't have many teeth.
On the way to the beach Emma started saying "rrrooarrr." It was out of the blue and now she does it ALL the time. It's precious to see the look on her face after she says it because you can just tell that she beaming with pride that she has made a new sound. If we make the noise to her, she mimics us and says it back. The way she puts her whole body into the noise is priceless. I think that she picked it up from me and Josh because whenever she would 'attack' whatever she was chewing on at the time we would always say "rrrooarrr." For some reason this sound was what we started doing to mimic this action. I will have to get this on video so you can see it.
Yesterday we were in the car waiting for Josh to run into the store. I was entertaining Emma in the backseat and getting her to give me high fives because she thinks it's hilarious. As she was giving me a high five she actually SAID "high five." My parents are witnesses who agree that it was most certainly the words high five. Josh was very disappointed that he missed it but she will soon say something else just as amazing.
Here are few pictures for you of our beach babe:
Emma with her cousin Jay:
In her cute bathing suit:
She was very upset that I was walking away for a minute to rinse my sandy hands:
And then we're happy again...


Aww! It looks like y'all had so much fun! I LOVE the Emma updates! It lets me know what I have to look forward to!
ReplyDeleteBring her back to me!!!
ReplyDeleteShe gets more adorable with every post!
ReplyDeleteThat color looks so amazing on you!