September 2, 2009

What's worse than one ear infection?

TWO! As I mentioned in the last post, Emma had a fever on Saturday of 103.5. It went down quickly after she was given the Motrin. Everything was fine until Monday night. It wasn't bad, but she had a little fever of 100ish and once we gave her some Motrin, it went away. So we thought she was fine to go to daycare on Tuesday. She was happy, she was smiling, she was totally normal. So you would think she was okay, right? Ummm no. I felt like a bad parent on Tuesday when the daycare called me around 4 to say that Emma had a fever of 102.3. I of course stopped what I was doing and went to pick her up. Even as we were walking out of the daycare Emma gave the head woman a huge smile and a wave (as she always does) and the woman said "Well, look how happy she is! I can't believe she has a fever!" That made me feel a little better at least. Josh called and made her an appointment for this morning.

We went to see the pediatrician this morning and gave him the run down. After a few minutes his conclusion was that she had a little virus on Saturday but that her body compensated for it and it is now over. However, as a result of that virus, she developed ear infections. One in each ear. Poor little baby! The doctor was very surprised by the fact that she was not fussy at all with not only one ear infection, but two. He of course knows us by now and then before he even said anything else, he said "But then again, she is always happy no matter what, so why would we expect anything different?" The only signs were the fever and her appetite wasn't as good as usual. Honestly, since the fever went down so fast the first two times and occurred so far apart, I wasn't that worried about that. It was the not eating as much that really alarmed us!

Josh is getting her antibiotics as we speak and hopefully she'll be all better very soon! He's staying home with her today...such a good dad! It's a busy time at work right now for me, so I'll be working. Although, I will take this opportunity to say that the situation will change shortly. My last day at work will be the end of September!! I decided it was the right time for me and I can't wait to spend more time with my little ladybug. I'll probably start working again in January/February so I'll begin my job search soon. I am really looking forward to the end of September!!

2 comments:

  1. Poor lil' punkin'! I hope she feels better soon! I can only pray that my baby is as good as Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless her poor little heart! Hope she's feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters