I knew today was going to be a good day from the way it started out. I usually start my day off by dropping Emma off at daycare late and then as I leave the room, she cries for me, says momma, and reaches her arms out to me. Breaks a mother's heart! First of all, neither Emma nor I are morning girls, so we're always running late. It never mattered what time we dropped her off in the Infant I class but in the Infant II class they have to be there by 8:10 or else they won't have time to feed them breakfast. And if there is anything that would upset my baby, it's missing a meal! And may I add that it's harder than it sounds to get there on time? No matter how hard we try to get things together the night before it never fails that something will happen to throw us off. So, to continue the story, not only did we make it
early to daycare this morning, but there were no tears. Happy Day!! I walked out of the daycare thinking, "This HAS to be a good day." I was correct. Everything went right today from missing all the red lights to clients actually cooperating with me. I was even able to leave work a little early so that I could pick up that shining little face of Emma's from daycare. She's always so happy to see me or Josh when we arrive. I call out her name, she whips around, she spots me, smiles really big and then waves. Most of the time she also leans her head over to the side. I'm still not sure why she does it, but it's her thing and it couldn't be cuter!
She also sported jeans for the first time today on which she got many complements. She was so excited playing with her Tigger that she wouldn't hold still...hence the blurred picture. But you get the idea.

Another item to add to the list of things going well today is that we received the Dedication photos from the church photographer. Here are just a few of them (Emma's age at the time was 6 months):
This is of me trying to occupy Emma's attention as my mom pins her dress to get her ready for the big day. I see that not only does Emma have Tigger again, but I now realize how much newer & colorful he looks here. I'm pretty sure it's her favorite toy!

This is of us tying the bows and putting finishing touches on.

This is Josh keeping Emma happy before the group picture session begins. He's always in charge of that because he does such a good job of it!

Here is a shot of Emma and the proud parents.

And a picture of the whole gang.

This is Pastor Bill presenting her to the congregation.

We were planning to take Emma to the nursery after the ceremony was over. But she loved the music so much that we let her stay with us in church. During this song, she fell asleep and didn't wake back up until the Pastor was on his last statement.

Today was a great day...I hope tomorrow can top it!
No comments:
Post a Comment