September 4, 2009

Talking up a Storm

I'm very excited to report that on Wednesday (9/2/09) Emma said Dada for the first time. And although I'm sorry it had to be because she had an ear infection, I'm glad that she was at home so that Josh could be the first one to hear it. I heard her say it last night so now I can corroborate the story. You can tell from her face that she's proud of herself when she says it. She gets this priceless grin and all you see are those two bottom teeth. She's so cute! I tried to get her on the video camera saying it, but of course every time I pulled out the Flipvideo she was too excited about the electronic device to do anything else. I will post it as soon as I can capture it! She definitely has been running with it though...except for the times I would pull out the Flip, she would pretty much just ramble on and on. Mama, Dada, Baba...over and over again. At one point, Josh and I realized that we were having to raise our voices just to talk over her! This could be a sign of a future blabbermouth!

On another front, Emma was finally able to go to daycare today. No more fever and she has started to pick up the eating again although she still isn't up to par. On another good note, the antibiotic that she is on only has to given once a day as opposed to others we have had to use which were two to three times per day. I guess ear infections don't require as much medicine as other illnesses that she has come across. Yay!

She is also coming really close to crawling. However, I am almost convinced that she may walk before she will crawl. She has been pulling herself up on things lately which usually doesn't happen until after they've been crawling for a little while. If she is standing and able to hold on to something stationary, she has some fantastic balance. She can stand up on her own for at least five minutes. Emma is a girl who likes to be up and see it all...we'll have to wait and see what is in store for her I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! It makes me excited about things to come for us! Go Emma Go!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters