Since I haven't been getting home until around midnight each night this week (there are big deadlines in my world right now), I have not been able to spend any time with my little ladybug. I'm so sad about it. I get up with her each morning so that I can at least see her a little bit and feed her. I have a terrible fear that she'll forget me although Josh tells me that I'm crazy. BUT how are we to know how long babies' memory spans are, right? It's something to think about. For now, I am just looking forward to next Tuesday because that is the deadline and after that it will all be over!
In the meantime, I have been waking up with her to get in some mommy time. Each night when I get home I just can't help but go upstairs, go in her nursery, and pick her up. I know, I know - I should not do this - I should let my baby girl rest peacefully. In my defense though, this normally this doesn't even phase her in the least. Notice how I said "normally doesn't phase her." That's because last night it didn't go quite as smoothly. She's had a little diaper rash so Josh suggested that since I was going to pick her up anyways I should go ahead and change her while I was at it. Seemed reasonable to me. All was fine and good...until after I changed her (she was still asleep at this point). Apparently Emma had a little bubble in her after Josh gave her the bedtime bottle and she would not burp at all. He tried for over thirty minutes and after no avail finally just put her down in the crib. After I lifted her from the diaper changing pad, it all hit me. Literally - she spit up all over me and the floor. And as my luck would have it, she had prunes for dinner last night. Not a pretty picture is it?! It wasn't a pretty sight for us either!
Although, it was not the most pleasant experience, it ended up being great. I'm sure you're wondering how that could be great. First of all, because Josh cleaned it up and I didn't have to. Thanks Josh! And second of all, because this incident completely woke Emma up so I was able to play her for a few minutes. Yay! She was so adorable and all smiles. It was so nice to be able to rock her to sleep.
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
5 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment