It seems that for Emma, 7 months is when an attitude rears its ugly head. They aren't full blown tantrums or anything yet, but I can see into the future and it gives me a little headache to think about it. She has decided that she likes paper. Before you ask, no, we have no idea why or where this fascination came from. She sees paper, she WANTS the paper. If she doesn't get the paper or if you take away the paper, she lets you know she is less than pleased. She pouts her little lips out and begins the crocodile tears. If you give the paper back, the tears magically disappear and the frown turns into a huge smile. Alissa and JR have seen this first hand at a Chinese restaurant. She saw the chopstick wrapper that is made of paper and her eyes lit up. She grabbed the paper and then after a few minutes she began to want to put it in her mouth. Well, clearly I can't have my baby eating paper, so I had to take it away. WOW - She was so mad! Who knew this would be the thing that pushed her to have an attitude?? My apologies to the Armstrongs for having to witness this attitude outburst in public. I ended up not giving the paper back but instead distracting her with a spoon. She wasn't totally satisfied with that, but it kept her busy until we finished eating.
She has also started having some separation anxiety. When we drop her off at daycare or if I leave the room she gets sad. It's so pitiful. When she sees me again she immediately puts her little arms up as if to say "Momma, you came back for me...pick me up and hug me!" She is always putting those arms up now for me to pick her up. She loves to cuddle and gives the biggest hugs. I'm so glad she got that from me! Although Josh doesn't agree, Emma has started saying 'Momma.' I have many witnesses that agree with me but for some reason Josh seems to think it doesn't count unless she repeats it after we say it to her. Ummm NO. He's just jealous that she isn't saying 'Dada.' Josh was out tonight so it was just the girls tonight. At one point, I came back in the room from getting her bottle and she looked up at me, put up her arms and said Mama Mama. IT COUNTS!!
I am in much anticipation for what is to come in the next few months. Each day she does something else and her personality changes a little bit. She'll be crawling any day now. She already holds her own bottle and takes the spoon from me to feed herself. My little girl is growing up...already.
Here is a video of Emma conquering the bottle:
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
5 weeks ago


Paper...lets hope we don't have a future accountant on our hands! Steer her away!!
ReplyDeleteShe's too sweet to have a tantrum! I can't wait to hear her say Mama!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you started this! She's growing so fast ... and I totally believe she's saying Mama :)
ReplyDelete