Lately, Emma very much likes for me and Josh to be in the room with her. She loves for us all to be together. For instance, if Josh were to walk out of the room for a few minutes, then she immediately begins saying, "I want my Daddy, I want my Daddy." She doesn't say it like she is going to cry or that it disturbs her...but more like she feels that her life would be more complete if he were to come back. If I leave the room, she does the same thing.
The worst is when one of us makes her do something that she doesn't necessarily want to do. Example: If Josh were about to give her a bath and I was downstairs, then she would say, "I want my Mommy, I want my Mommy." In that case, it's more that she wants the other parent to rescue her from the situation. It's as if she already understands the concept of manipulation!
Another thing she has picked up recently is the phrase "I'm okay." Apparently I must ask her if she's okay frequently enough that she decided to preemptively tell me that she is indeed alright. If she falls over or bumps her knee, she looks up at me and says, "I'm okay Mommy." Adorable.
As an update on Emma's recovery from the weekend:
She is finally beginning to eat and act more like herself. I officially do not think it was anything she ate that caused her to get sick because I don't think it would've made her feel sick for so long. It must have been a bug of some sort. I'm just thankful that it seems like the worst is over.
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
2 months ago


Hudson used to do the same thing : "I just okay!!"
ReplyDeleteSo glad she's feeling better! Cant' wait to see you tomorrow!
ReplyDelete