I didn't wait to be asked twice. I ran upstairs to get a pair of her new underwear and we put them on. We let her look at herself in the mirror so she could see how grown up she was. Then I explained to her that she needs to tell me when she needs to tee-tee...and how if she does go to the bathroom on the potty, I'll give a Skittle. To say her eyes grew to twice their normal size over this statement would be completely misleading...because they were WAY bigger than that. She was so excited about the Skittle possibility that she went to the bathroom to go tee-tee right away!
Up until Sunday, we had only used stickers as an incentive. But I knew in order to get this show on the road and make it happen as often as it would be required, it was going to take something a little more exciting than a sticker. Josh suggested Skittles since they use those at school sometimes. They worked!!!
She did so great. She had her underwear on from about 3:00 until 6:40. She did have two little accidents but I'd say that is pretty good for a first timer. We were in and out of the bathroom all afternoon. I'm not exaggerating when I say that she would literally walk out of the bathroom and make a U-turn to go back into the bathroom all the while saying, "Mommy, I tee-tee more." As soon as we'd walk into the bathroom, she'd already be telling me which color Skittle she wanted. She definitely tasted the rainbow that afternoon!!
Here is one way that we passed the time in between potty breaks...
Where's Emma??
BOO - There she is!
Peek-a-boo
This classic game went on for about 10 minutes while I put away the groceries.
She was not happy with me that I came over to take her picture...apparently this was totally giving away her hiding place.
I'm so proud of my big girl! She is growing so fast and learning SO much. She knows her entire alphabet and loves to sing. Right now her favorites are:
Color: Yellow
Song: Row, Row, Row Your Boat
Animal: Alligator ("snap, snap" as she moves her arms/hands in a chomping motion)
Food: Tie between Fish and Spaghetti
Toy: Puzzles and crayons
Letter: U
Number: 2


No comments:
Post a Comment