January 4, 2010

These Teeth Were Made for Biting

A few things to note in the new year already.

1. As noted in my earlier post, the pediatrician let us know that it was time to use a toothbrush with Emma. I just knew it was going to result in Josh holding her down while I pried her mouth open and tried to brush. We tried it this weekend and Emma proved me wrong again. I took a video of the very first teeth brushing experience...

After I cut the Flip off she wanted us to keep going so we did it for another few minutes. I think she'll have the cleanest baby teeth around!

2. Speaking of teeth...her's are SHARP! As I was brushing them this morning, she got excited as usual. She wanted to hold it. Keep in mind that she already had one toothbrush in the other hand and it actually plays music, but she wanted both of them. I let her have it but she started to want to crawl with it and I can't have her putting her toothbrush on the floor. Ewww! So I naturally took it away. She threw a huge fit and started crying. I picked her up and decided we were done. As I was walking down the stairs, she buried her head in shoulder. But before she picked her head back up, she bit me!! My sweet baby bit me. As I squealed in pain and shock, I looked at her and said, "Emma NOOO!' She cried even harder at that because she hates when we tell her no. I know she's young but I can't have her start this whenever she doesn't get her way. So I let her just sit on the ground and finish her tantrum. After about 10 seconds of me not paying attention to her, she stopped crying, crawled over to me and got in my lap. I took that as, "I'm sorry, Mama. I love you!" Apparently turning one leads to a bit of a diva attitude! I'm sure I will be working on putting an end to that for the next 20 years.

3. We also let her have a popsicle. Since she always wants to do it herself, she took it from us and fed herself. She kept holding the cold part though and then would get cold and let it go. After a few tries, she got the hang of it...


4. We went to Emma's friend Alex's birthday party this weekend. He turned one...he was born 4 days after Emma. Here they are playing with balloons. Emma quite enjoyed all the balloons that they had there and we even went home with two of them. Thanks for sharing your balloons, Alex!


5. Last year when we brought Emma home, we took this picture:


For comparison purposes, we took a picture of her a year later under the tree with the boppy. It really shows how she has grown this past year. Here she is:

3 comments:

  1. Ouch Emma, you bit Mommy!
    In my head, I was saying it like Charlie, you bit my finger, and it hurts!
    That made me laugh! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those two of her in the boppy pillow under the tree! It is so neat to compare pictures and REALLY see how much they have grown!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters