A future veterinarian - she squeals at the sight of any animal, especially her Nala. And she is so sweet and gentle with them. The other day at breakfast she even shared her cheese toast with her toy cow. How sweet is that?
A future CPA like her mother - Emma loves playing with my calculator and perks up anytime they start counting on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse:
A future engineer like her father - she is fascinated by electricity and power and it makes her day when I let her turn the lights out on our way out of a room:
A future musician - she stops what she is playing and turns towards any music she hears. These are videos I took of her as I put the instruments in her hands for the first time:
What I can pass along for sure are some things that have happened in the recent past. Last week we transitioned to one nap a day and I consider it a success. Typically she will take a 2.5 to 3 hour nap starting at 1:00. The trick is that she just has to have a snack when she wakes up so she isn't hungry for dinner really early. That way, her dinner can stay at the same time and she sleeps all night and keeps to her original wake up time.
Of course this isn't always the case. Yesterday Jaime came to watch Emma for a few hours and Emma never napped. Her schedule was thrown off because she took about a 25 minute nap on me while we waited for our food at the Pancake House after church. She slept through all the noise but as soon as food arrived at our table and she smelled the pancakes, she perked right up. She loves pancakes and really enjoyed the sausage!

She is also leaning towards wanting to take those first steps. She is standing up unassisted a lot more lately and for longer periods of time. I think she's still working on her balance and trying to make sure she's prepared before she takes off walking. I'm pretty sure she gets that need for safety from me because, let's be honest, Josh doesn't have those types of thoughts. We're working on the walking, but we're not in too big of a hurry to cross this milestone.
Another cute thing she is doing is cleaning up after herself. She'll take everything out of her basket or her toy bin and then slowly put them all back in. Once she is finished putting it all back in, she claps for herself. Granted, she always takes them back out again, but it's a start!
Lastly, since she is so independent, she wants to feed herself not only with her hands but with a spoon. She's started to do it and although it is messy sometimes (especially with yogurt), I know it's good for her to learn. It's so funny though to watch her pick up peas or carrots one by one and put them on the fork so that she can put the fork in her mouth. Adorable!


I love Emma! So cute! However, can I make one little suggestion? DON'T let her be a CPA! I'm keeping the Priss away from that calculator at ALL costs!!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! I miss her already!
ReplyDeletePrecious! I love that picture of you holding her!
ReplyDelete