March 29, 2011

Moving Up

I haven't been able to post that often lately between Josh being out of town and busy season. However, I wanted to post a quick update on Emma's move! She was promoted to the next class in school. And not surprising at all, she has been promoted early. Her class is called Beginner I. Doesn't that sound grown up? I remember the days of the Infant I and II, Wobblers and Toddlers. This first week they are just going to get to know her and make sure everything is a smooth transition. Next week, they start with the big girl underwear. I think she's ready for it. Josh and I contemplating started her on it about 3 weeks ago, but that's when we got the news that they felt it was time for her to move up. So we decided to just wait and let her make the transition with her other classmate that went with her. She has been a full on chatterbox lately. She never stops. And it is amazing how well she is doing with all of her letters and numbers. We got her some foam letters/numbers that go in the tub last weekend. She tore into them right when we got in the car that day. She pulled each one out and either made the sound that the letter made or called out the name of the letter. Her favorite letters are "U" and "Y." We love her new teachers and they already love Emma. When I dropped her off in her new room the past two mornings, she went right to her new teachers. That always makes it an easier for me knowing that she clearly trusts and likes them. I can't wait to see what all she learns in this class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters