It's only Tuesday and I already have a lot to report on this week.
1. Emma is now off of the sippy cup and on to a regular cup. We still use a sippy cup at home though because frankly, I don't have the time right now to clean milk, juice and water up from our rugs.
2. Due to #1 above and doing so well in her current class, they are graduating her to the next room up. She will be going from the Wobbler class to the Toddler class starting August 27th. They start hard core potty training in the Toddler class so hopefully in the next few months, I'll be able to say that she is diaper free!!
3. An unfortunate incident happened in her classroom. Emma bit another child! I know, I know - we totally have THAT child who is now labeled a biter. In her defense though, her teacher said the other child was egging her on. The other little girl actually came up to Emma and then stuck her finger in Emma's mouth. I mean, come on...she was ASKING for it! It wasn't too bad thankfully and the other child is okay. The teacher said that she put Emma in time out for 1 minute and afterward, Emma went back to playing very nicely and hasn't done it again since.
4. As we know, Emma has not been very talkative up to this point. She says a few things like Uh Oh, Woah, Nala (our cat), Dada/Momma, and a few other small words. Up to now she hasn't had to talk. She was with me ALL the time and I knew every grunt, every point, and every look in her eye. No words necessary! We know that she understands everything we say because she follows commands and nods/points in response to our questions. But last night, as I was giving her a bath she was playing with her boat in the tub. I said 'boat'...can you say "boat?" And she just said it! It was like she just decided she'd start talking. I think she approached talking the same way she approached walking. She waited to walk until she knew she'd be safe and she could do it perfectly. She never wobbled or stumbled...one day she just took off even though we knew that she could've walked easily months before. Same with talking. In addition to saying 'boat' about 20 times last night, she also said ball, car, and earring tonight. Leave it to my little diva prissy baby girl to have 'earring' be one of her first spoken vocabulary words.
She is growing up so fast and gets more personality by the day. She always brings a smile to my face and never ceases to amaze me with her sweet and happy demeanor. Just don't stick your finger in her mouth and you won't have to experience anything but that bubbly side of her.
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
5 weeks ago


I can't wait to see Emma this weekend and get to hear some of those words!
ReplyDelete