Today was supposed to be my day off. After working nearly 60 hours over a four day period, I got home last night and was exhausted. I fed Emma and put her to bed and then I was out. Josh was going to take her daycare and let me sleep late and then I was going to go pick her up after she had lunch. That was the plan, but Emma had a different plan...
She woke up 3 or 4 times in the middle of the night crying. But each time she put herself back to sleep quickly, so me and Josh didn't go up there to check on her. So this morning Josh went up there around 7 to get her up and he came rushing downstairs to tell me that Emma had thrown up all over the place. I have never gotten out of bed quicker. We feel like we deserve the bad parents of the year award for not going up to check on her!
I ran upstairs and blown over by the smell of it. She had it ALL over her...in her hair, on the crib, on the floor around her crib. I immediately gave her a bath while Josh took her sheets off and took them outside. She has never thrown up before so we were in a panic. We got the first appointment they had with the doctor. Since she has no other symptoms and has not thrown up since, he thinks it might have been something that upset her tummy last night. Or maybe she has a viral infection that made its way through her system quickly. She's been fine ever since she woke up, so I think the worst is over.
I can say this for certain though - after this week, my family is drained. We are all so tired. I'm looking forward to a weekend of spending some much needed quality time with them.
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
5 weeks ago


OH NO! When it rains it pours. Good thing you already had the day off because you would have had to take off anyways!
ReplyDeleteOh Jess. I think my heart just broke :) I know how you feel as a working mom and feeling like a terrible parent on top of it! I always say I feel like a "C" mom and a "C" employee, and I'm used to making straight A's! I'm going to pray that you get LOTS of rest and playtime with Emma this weekend, and that Emma doesn't have any more symptoms! Soak those sheets in some Biz before you wash.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry! I think you should tell KPMG to shove it!!
ReplyDeleteJessica I am SO sorry about Emma!! Dont feel bad I had that happen one time with Eli too and I felt HORRIBLE but just remeber you had no idea she was not feeling well and its not your fault! Hang in there Mama I know you are so tired and I am praying for you and hoping you get some rest this weekend. We are saving your spot in play group for when you want to re join us : )
ReplyDelete