August 3, 2010

Part Time?

Last time I checked part time was 36 hours/week for me. Apparently this was not meant to be my reality. Last week I worked 50 and this week is looking even worse. To say I feel overwhelmed is a drastic understatement. I'm trying to do my best as a mom, a wife and a tax manager and I feel like I'm failing at all of them. I'm supposed to be able to "roll" some of this overtime to another week - so in other words, in a few weeks when this is over, I should be able to take off a few days and not have to take vacation. You can call me a skeptic, but I'm not sure I see this happening.

If this keeps up, I may have to rethink my current situation. We'll see. For now, please pray that things go smoothly and that I'm able to consolidate this federal return with minimal issues.

More uplifting news: Emma has been doing so well at daycare. They said she's really starting to feel comfortable around all the other children. She is also picking up some sign language. She already knew the sign for 'more' but they taught her 'please' and 'thank you' and she uses them ALL the time. She's so cute when she does 'more' and then 'please.' Her teachers said they assumed that she already knew those signs because she picked up on them immediately.

We had a fun weekend even though I had to work some. I don't have my camera with me, so I'll have to post some pictures tomorrow. I am STILL having trouble with my Flip uploading videos. But stay tuned for an adorable video of Emma singing karaoke!

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow!! Part time for me was 20hrs a week!!! I considered 36 a full load! Hope it gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jess! I know how hard it must be for you right now. Hang in there and I know you'll get a great indication of what you should do by 9/15. I'll pray that it gets better, or at least more flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Emma. 50 hours a week is too much time away from her momma. I know that is probably not what you want to hear. Sorry. Let us know if you want to come back to our group. Y'all are missed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JD, I hope things start to get better! I was worried about the "part time." I am so glad Emma is doing better and that is precious that she's learned some sign language! She's so smart! Can't wait to see you Saturday night! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters