December 22, 2009

Updates and Pictures and Video, Oh My

Every time that I think there is no way Emma's eyes can light up brighter, I am proven wrong. At the grocery store on Sunday they gave her a balloon. Her eyes were huge and bright. She held on to it the entire time and the toothy grin never left her face! That night I put the balloon in the den so that Emma would eat and not be distracted. On Monday morning she saw it! Her eyes lit up all over again and she wouldn't take her sippy cup (which is a big deal) until I gave it to her. Here is a picture of her holding her sippy cup and the balloon. Long after she threw her empty cup on the ground, she still had the balloon. When I took her out of the seat to play on the floor, she kept on playing with the balloon for a good 20 or 30 minutes more. Who knew a balloon would be such a hit?!


Here are a few pictures of our cat, Nala. This box has some boots in it that need to be returned. She considers any box in the house to be hers and I seriously think she assumes we put them there just for her. I guess it doesn't take much to make my two girls happy, huh?



Emma has always had a sense of humor and laughed easily. But recently it is really starting to show. On a Mickey Mouse movie we were watching, she laughed SO loud at a part where Mickey and Donald are going down a slide and then they fall into each other. I kept rewinding it and she kept laughing just as hard. The next night I played it again to see if she'd laugh again. She was laughing so hard that Josh heard her downstairs and came up to see what we were doing. It's so fun to see her growing up and developing this personality. Clearly she will have her father's sense of humor...he thinks it is funny when people fall too.

Here is a video from last night. She is playing peek-a-boo with this basket. We had people come up to us as they were leaving the restaurant and tell us how good she was. They also had a life size Santa that sings and dances if you push a button. The waitress said that most kids scream and want to run away but we thought we'd give it a shot. Just as we suspected, Emma grinned big and started dancing. Then when he finished his song, she pointed at the button for us to do it again.


The last update is that I have noticed the past several weeks that she is really learning things quickly and retaining it. Last night as I was washing the soap out of her hair Nala came into the room and Emma got excited. I said "Clap" without changing my tone and without doing any motions. And she did it. She has been clapping for months but always after we say "Yay!" or we actually show her the clapping motion. So it was cool to see that she has learned the word and associates it with the action. Same kind of idea with her shoes. She found one of her shoes on the floor. She pulled up her pants leg and put the shoe on top of her foot. Of course she couldn't get the shoe on her foot yet but she put it on top of it because she knows that is where it should go. And when I dress her each day she helps me...when I pull her socks out she lifts up one of her feet and gives it to me or when she sees her shirt, she'll lift up her arms and them push them through the sleeves. Before I know it, she'll be dressing herself!

This was a long update...hopefully you made it through the whole thing! She's just doing so much lately that I want to make sure to document it all and bring you up to speed on our ladybug.

5 comments:

  1. That is so funny about the balloon! Once we were on a 5 hour care ride with Colton. He was SO GROUCHY and crying the whole time. We stopped at Chick-Fil-A for lunch and got a ballon while we were there. He played with it the rest of the way home (about 2.5 hours) and never made another peep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a brilliant and funny girl! Love y'all! ~Summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update! Made my day! And I really laughed at the part where she and Josh laugh at people falling down. I think it may have even been a belly roll laugh! HAHA! Love you! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma!! Wow!! What a big girl! I love your updates! Gives me something to look forward to with ML, and of course, Emma is too funny! She's a smart little cookie!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters