December 10, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

My friend Rhonda tagged me for the Honest Scrap Award. I have to share 10 honest things about myself. Here goes:

1. I feel like the luckiest person around when I realize just how fortunate I am to have a husband like Josh, a baby girl like Emma, and a family centered around God.

2. I am secretly happy that Emma is beginning to look more and more like me. When I was growing up, I can't tell you how often I heard the phrase, "You look just like your mom." I've always looked forward to a time when my little girl will hear the same thing.

3. I love my Lucky jeans. Somehow they are always the right length whether I am in flats or heels.

4. I dread cooking every day. It seems to take so much effort and then it is eaten in minutes and it's time to clean up. I'm getting better though.

5. I love the smell of Fraser Fur Christmas trees and laundry in the dryer. I think it's because they are both very clean scents.

6. Josh and I have been together for a decade now. I still remember the day when my dad said to me, "You'll really be crushed if this one doesn't work out, won't you?" My initial reaction was of course a resounding YES. I would be crushed for sure. It was as if it hadn't occurred to me before that it wouldn't work out. I think that was the moment I realized I would be with him forever because the alternative was too painful to even think about!

7. I have the need to be in a clutter free environment and I married a very cluttery man. I guess what they say is true - opposites DO attract.

8. I have always wanted to go to therapy. I don't know why and I can't explain it. I asked Josh if we could go to therapy and he said no because we have no problems. I responded by saying that perhaps we could make something up. He told me that because of conversations like that one, I probably SHOULD go.

9. When I was young, I watched the movie "Annie" so many times that I broke the tape.

10. Now I feel old because I just referred to a VHS tape...

Okay, that's ten things. I'm supposed to tag 7 people but several of the people I know in the blog world have already done this, so I will just put it out there for anybody who wants to do this on their blog. Have fun!

Here is a little Emma update for you. I made Emma some corn for lunch and I had the kernels in a little bowl. I would put a little handful on her tray for her to eat herself. After a few minutes she noticed the bowl and wanted it. I put it in front of her and she had this HUGE grin over her face. I think she felt like a big girl. She started to eat out of the bowl and then she did the cutest thing. She took the rest of the kernels that were still on her tray and put them all (one by one) into the bowl. Then she proceeded to eat out of the bowl. CUTE! I want to add one more "honest thing" to my list...

11. I have hopes that Emma will not only begin to look more and more like me but that she will also start to act more and more like me. I hope she helps me with the clutter instead of adding to it like her father! A girl can hope can't she?! Her putting those corn kernels all back into the bowl gives me a tiny shred of hope!

1 comment:

  1. #8 cracks me up! Maybe you want to go to therapy because you always had the therapy chair on your side of the double wide...And you always let the rest of us sit, cry, and vent over there!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters