December 7, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Emma's first birthday is a mere few weeks away and it makes me realize how fast time is going by. It seems like she was just born and now she's 11 months old! I know that I'll blink and all of a sudden she'll be grown up. So I decided to put a list together of a few of our favorite things right now. This way, after I blink, I can at least look back and remember when she was still my little baby.


1. Bath Time:
- Emma's favorite - Bath toys. These are some that I got from a little store here and they squirt water. I got the animal package since she loves animals so much.

- Mom's favorite - After bath baby smell. Who doesn't love that baby smell?

2. Food:
-Emma's favorite - Meat (Ham, Hamburger, Chicken) and beans (green beans and peas). Guess she'll be a meat lover like her daddy. We'll soon see if she likes venison since Josh got a deer a few weekends ago.

-Mom's favorite - This cool mat that Josh's mom gave us...it suctions cups to the table and you are germ and worry free! Here is a video of her using the mat. This was the first time she had meatballs. Rest assured that she ate every bite!


3. Mornings:
- Emma's favorite - Seeing that delicious bottle come her way.

- Mom's favorite - Seeing that beautiful first smile of the day when I open the door. It is indeed the best way to start off any day. Even if I'm tired or cranky, I just can't help but smile and be happy after I see that smile.


4. Music:
- Emma's favorite - She loves any kind of music and if she hears it, she will stop what she's doing and turn towards it. Still stopping her in her tracks most often are Mickey Mouse, Baby Beethoven, and the Wonder Pets song.

- Mom's favorite - The way that she "dances" when she hears a particularly good beat. She's got rhythm...must have gotten it from her daddy. I couldn't get her on video dancing for too long before she would notice I was videoing her. Once she realized, she kept stopping. So this is a short video, but it's still cute!




5. Toy:
- Emma's favorite - Bunny! She loves the bunny that Jaime gave her. All four of its paws are teethers so it helps tremendously when she's putting herself to sleep. As soon as I put her in the crib, she pulls her head up just enough to find Bunny, pulls it close, and then drifts off.

- Mom's favorite - Lullaby Bear! Where would I be without this thing? My mom gave it to me and as I mentioned a few months ago, it has helped with naps more than anything else. All I have to do is turn out the lights, turn on the Bear and poof...Emma puts her head down on my shoulder and rubs her eyes. I'm convinced this is a magical bear.

6. Game:
- Emma's favorite: Being thrown up in the air! She also loves a good game of peek-a-boo.

- Mom's favorite: Hearing that belly laugh that goes along with Emma being thrown in the air or uncovering herself when playing peek-a-boo...it just never gets old!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post and I love that one of her favorite things in the bunny I got her! I can't wait to kiss those cheeks Friday night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE HER!!!! I can't believe she is almost one...time flies!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters