December 14, 2009

O Christmas Tree

We went a few weekends ago in search of our Christmas tree. I put all the lights on and then Josh helped me decorate while Emma supervised. The first year we were married he "helped" me put the lights on but we quickly realized that our versions of putting lights on the tree were very different. He just lays the strands of lights on the tree limbs whereas I wrap them around to make it look extra sparkly. I blame my mom for this obsession because she does the same thing and she is the one who taught me. We decided a long time ago that it's best for everybody involved if I just do the lights myself and then bring him in for the rest. It works out well because he is in charge of taking the lights off the tree. And he is obsessive about how he does that (wraps them perfectly into circles) so it's best if he does that on his own because I don't do it right! We all have our areas of expertise I suppose.

Here are some pictures from our search for the perfect tree:





This was the tree that passed that test!


Apparently the search wore Emma out, because she fell asleep almost as soon as we got in the car:


Here are a few post-decorations pictures:









This is Bob...he likes to get into the Christmas spirit too!

3 comments:

  1. A little different than the pictures with Emma in front of the tree last year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know regular bob creeps me out but santa bob is too much

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters