November 10, 2009

Rainy Days

It has been raining since yesterday and I don't see the sun anywhere in sight. Our church had a "Preschool Play Date" today with kids birth to age 5. Me and Emma decided to go to meet some new moms and get out of the house. Here is one of the little boys we met...him and Emma share the same birthday!



At first she just sat in my lap and looked around. She had to take everything in...all the kids running around and all the grown ups sitting on the floor was a lot for a 10 month old to focus on. It was the first time I have seen her be shy. That lasted all of 5 minutes though. Soon she wanted to be everybody's friend. And since I had the Cheerios, all the kids wanted to be our friend. They literally all were just walking up to me and sitting on my lap. I watched Emma to see if she'd be jealous of other children in my lap but she was just fine. They also had a big bouncy castle for the kids to play in but Emma was too small for that. She looked at it a few times but she had some apprehension in her eyes. When she gets a little older, I'm sure that apprehension will all go away and the part of her that is her father will say "Mommy, watch THIS!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters