1. She is a doctor or the patient. If she is the patient, then is most often an animal with a hurt paw. The animal she is pretending to be is always different.
2. We are in a tent and the bear (Daddy) is going to come and scare us.
3. We are mermaids swimming in the sea.
4. We make a campfire and eat marshmallows and lollipops.
She is always saying cute things that I tell myself I should write down. Here a couple within the last few weeks:
1. She was standing on the deck waiting for me to come outside. Once I got out there, I said, "Ok, I'm ready - let's go." She responds, "I was just enjoying God's beautiful sunshine today. I think I'm ready to go to school now."
2. On a particularly rainy day, she was quizzing me on how much it had rained and for how long. Then she asked me where the sun was and I told her it was behind a cloud. She said, "Oh, because it didn't want to get wet I guess." She said it so matter of factly like she had figured out one of the big mysteries. I told her I had never thought of it that way, but I bet that was exactly why the sun hides behinds the clouds when it rains.
3. "Mommy, we are princesses. Daddy is not a princess...but he's still pretty."
She also quite enjoys helping me cook or bake. We made a cake last weekend and she insisted on helping me. Any time she is in the kitchen with me, she sifts through the drawers looking for "that thing that goes around my neck." She means her apron and she loves wearing it. It makes her feel official.


No comments:
Post a Comment