We only have 11 more days until we welcome this little boy into our lives and I can't wait! Not only am I looking forward to seeing him, holding him, and starting to learn his personality, but I really look forward to sleeping on my stomach again one day. And like everybody else, I look forward to naming him sometime within that time frame. Josh sees it as still having 11 days left to pick a name, whereas I see it more as ONLY 11 more days! We couldn't be more opposite if we tried.
Now that I am on maternity leave, I thought I'd have all this extra time
to do things. But it seems like I'm busier now than ever. I didn't
realize how many things I had put off because of my work schedule, so
now I'm trying to catch up.
Emma asks us all the time when her little brother is going to arrive. Every morning she asks to see how big my belly got over night. In her mind, it is a compliment to tell me that I got "so much bigger" while I was sleeping but somehow it doesn't make me feel complimented! She is going to be such a great big sister and I can't wait to see her in action.
Her independence grows daily which will be very helpful with a newborn on the way. Here is a picture of her holding the umbrella by herself and feeling very grown up. She thought it was pretty funny that she wasn't getting wet but Mommy and Daddy were. Thankfully it was just a light sprinkle at this point.



No comments:
Post a Comment