Do you know what is more fun than a 9 hour road trip with a 3 year old in the rain? Making the trip while you are 35 weeks pregnant! I don't know which of us had to stop more often to go to the bathroom. Thankfully it was not that bad at all and the two of us made it safely for a visit with my parents. I got the approval from my doctor to go on the trip even though I was so close to the 36 week time frame. Here is a recap in pictures of our few days there.
I figured since this was a road trip, we should make a stop at Waffle House! It was a hit. I think she is a huge fan.
Summer, Sophia and Nancy came to visit us one afternoon. Here is the tiny duo playing the piano.
Playing at lunch
A group shot...even though Emma refused to look at the camera.
Playing with the bubbles that Sophia gave her.
My nephew, Jay, and Emma playing on the dock.
Jay's turn to blow bubbles.
Jay catching Emma's bubbles in the net.
Here Emma and Jay are just gazing at the water. They look so peaceful. It may have been the only quiet moment that whole day!
Emma "catching" a fish. Notice how far back she is standing...Captain Safety as always.
Showing Jay her pretend rainbow fish.
Looking at Jay's pretend shark. Emma's fish was so girly and his was so boy. It was interesting to be around Jay knowing that I'm about to have a boy. Maybe it prepared me and Emma slightly as to what lies ahead for us.
My girl
No day is complete at Mimi & Papa's without playing the drums.
Ready to go visit Mema & Papa (my mom's parents). She has her doctor bag in tow...guess she thought we may run into some trouble.
Emma and Jay watching Veggie Tales on our way to visit Mema & Papa. We got Jay to take a couple of pictures while we were at their house, but as you would expect from a 4 year old, all of them were of the floor and our feet. So please use your imagination and pretend I have some photos of my grandparents here too.
One day my mom and I took Emma to the beach. It was virtually her first time to the beach. She has stepped foot on the beach two other times but she wasn't even walking then, so it doesn't really count. I just knew she wouldn't like it because of the sand and waves. I was WRONG!
After a few minutes of warming up to the idea of getting her feet dirty, she felt right at home in the sand.
She made her first sand castle and decorated it with a shell on top.
We had to immediately start on castle number two.
Then she found a hole with water in it...and actually got in.
And who is this child who is voluntarily putting sand on her own leg?!
Then it was time for reality because she wanted to wash the sand off. So we ventured to the water.
She loved kicking the water.
I think her favorite part of the day was when we would help her jump over the waves. After a few minutes, my mom had to take over this job because she is heavy and I was growing tired.
Another night my mom and Emma baked cookies. Emma was quite the little chef and rolled all the cookies and put sprinkles on by herself.
Enjoying the fruits of her labor.
Rocking on the dock.
Our last day there, my brother, Johnathan, and sister-in-law, Blythe, came over to go swimming. I was glad because I didn't think there was any way I could get up the ladder or be quick enough to keep up with Emma and Jay while they swam.
Emma had a great time with Uncle Johnathan in the water.
Little fish
Chillin in the float.
The drive home was another long 9 hours. And of course, it poured on us half the way. When the sun came out, we stopped and had lunch at Sonic. I'm not sure if she was more happy about the hamburger or being able to get out of the car for a little bit.
We had a great time visiting my family and we were sad to leave. We look forward to seeing them again in a couple of weeks when baby boy makes his arrival.





Sweet girl! Love and miss yoU!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictrue. Emma is so sweet.
ReplyDelete